“The University of Washington social justice organization Movimiento Estudiantil Chican@ de Aztlan (MeChA) is leading a procession in solidarity for the 43 students from Ayoztinapa Normal School.
– 43 students from the rural town of Ayotzinapa in Guerrero Mexico are missing
– They were last seen 9/26/14 on the way to a demonstration to protest the diversion of state education funding to their school and other rural schools.
– Police were given orders by the mayor to confront the students.
– Police blocked the road and shot at the students
– Police took the students and handed them over to a local gang
– The students have not been seen since that evening and have recently been declared dead as of 11.7.14
The world is watching this news headline. We want to show our presence and unity with everyone searching for justice for these 43 students.”